Thursday, July 23, 2009

Crunchy Spinach Salad

2 quarts fresh torn spinach ( I used one bag)
2 cups fresh bean sprouts ( It was too many I halved it)
1 8 ounce can of water chestnuts ( I omitted it)
4 hard boiled eggs chopped ( I used 2 and 1/2)
6 strips of bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
1 small onion thinly sliced ( I used 2 green onions instead)

Dressing
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup veggie oil
1/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tbsp Worcester sauce

I had this at my girlfriends T's and it was AWESOME!!!! I followed the recipe to a T the first time I made it and it was too much sprouts, onion,egg and water chestnuts( HUH maybe there wasn't ENOUGH SPINACH!!!) anyway next time I made it was with less sprouts and egg no water chestnuts and a couple of green onion instead of white onion plus I didn't pour on all the dressing.

In a large bowl combine all ingredients and toss, in a jar mix the dressing cover and shake well. just before serving salad pour dressing over salad and toss! SUPER YUMMY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment